Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not another National Anthem screw-up

What does it take now days to be the presenter of the National Anthem at the Superbowl

Well who ever was in charge of the "talent" this year, needs to consider another line of work.  A "professional" singer should at least know the words to our country's National Anthem.  Christina Aguilera's rendition of our National Anthem this year at the Superbowl, has to be the saddest excuse for a performance I have ever heard. 

Being a member of the Armed Services, I take pride in my nation and any representation of it.  Having not watched the Superbowl in its entirety, having to watch the "performance" on the internet,  I was shocked and appalled about how bad the performance was. 
                                   
Having had my drill weekend last weekend, I talked to a few of my fellow soldiers and asked them about their feelings on how the National Anthem was performed. "I knew she sang it wrong and i do not think she did a good job singing it," said Ron Abbott, a soldier from the Albany 224 Engineer Company.


At a Glance:
Who: Christina Aguilera
What: Forgetting the lines of the National Anthem
When: Superbowl XLV(45)

No comments:

Post a Comment